Thursday, January 30, 2014

Christmas Creations - Hot Chocolate Party

Even though I know that Christmas is over with and it is a long time until next Christmas I am going to post a few creations I made for a cookies and hot chocolate party I threw last year. Pardon the quality of the pictures as I am still learning the picture taking skill.




I decided to decorate our tree with gingerbread cookies and small presents.
The cookies were store-bought and already had a hole in them, so all I did was add some red and white plaid ribbon and hang them up.




The presents were made from my kids' wooden alphabet blocks. I just wrapped them in leftover pieces of wrapping paper and tied with curling ribbon. This not only made use of items I already had around the house, it also made them child-friendly since they were not breakable. They were hung on the tree using small ornament hooks.




I wanted to find a way to use mason jars to serve the hot chocolate, but because hot drinks in glass jars are not ideal I came up with these red fleece sleeves. 
They were a super simple sewing project and they were insulating enough to make it possible to hold the jars without burning any fingers. 




I also made tags for people to write their names on and pin onto the jars.
These are gift tags that were glued on green cardstock and cut out, I then punched a small hole in the top of the tag and added a safety pin. Simple as that!




A while back I saw a neat idea in a magazine about wrapping pictures on the wall to make them look like presents. In the magazine they only wrapped 3 or 4 pictures, but since I have a wall with a cluster of 16 smaller pictures I decided to use those. I took each frame down, wrapped it in plain brown paper, tied it with Christmas ribbon and then rehung it.



No comments:

Post a Comment